Game Design class, through Globaloria, is a major opportunity to learn new things and to gain responsibility with life. Ever since I started my relationship with Globabloria I have begun to do better with times and finishing up deadlines. I have not officially gotten over my procrastination, but is is a work in progress. Accountability is important to your team and grade. Doing your responsibility is just as important also. Respecting others ideas is just as important to a healthy hard worker in the Globaloria community. Game Design has really changed me for the better.
I am a procrastinator, but I am working on it. The deadlines that are set by Globaloria helps me to strive at being a better student. The game demo my team had set up was actually finished completely on time. However, we were late on our finally game presentation. This really upsets me because it upset my teacher that we could not finish, and with the simple fact that I really enjoy this class. I understand that I could do so much better. The game was actually finished, but my team was striving for perfection and accidentally discovered new glitches. Working on a project does for new problems and random mess ups all the time so I cannot really be that upset. With working out issues my team has became far more productive.
Being accountable is important in this class. If people cannot rely on you or you cannot rely on them your team will get absolutely no where. As an intern for Globaloria I am expected to be there for my school and any other Game Design students who require help. There is really no such thing as cheating within Globaloria. This is because Globaloria is about sharing information and ideas to others. I have shared camera codes, platformer, and projectile bullet codes with many students. Sometimes they need help, and sometimes I do. My partner and myself share and comment on ideas that we have about our game all the time. Usually instead of arguing we talk out and say what we feel is best and we end up making something so much better!
Tyler and I have gained a better respect for one another since the beginning of this year. We started out arguing and ready for war, but when we started listening to one another the fighting went away. Tyler is not as experienced as myself with Flash and I suck with the wiki pages so we actually taught each other new skills. I showed him how to draw and create what he wanted with a variety of new tools like the paint brush, deco, and the rectangle tools. The work of some of the scenes are all Tyler's doing. When you respect your team members you can accomplish so much more, and you even grow to respect the games you and other had made and the programs that are used to produce the final results. My teacher Mrs. White is an amazing teacher that works sometimes I could say too much for her students. She pushes us to do our best and work to our abilities. I have never had more respect for another teacher like I have Mrs. White. The Globaloria team itself I have a large amount of respect for. They work hard to make creating games easy, fun, educational, and rewording for the students and educators. Because of their hard work I can proudly call myself a member of the Globaloria community.
If any Game Design 1 students are considering not taking Game Design I urge them to give it a try. With practice and time the class will become fun and easy. I have became more responsible and gained a better respect for my fellow students and the class itself. Flash may become stressful at times but so is life so work through it. You will thank me in the long run and if I am wrong then you are not wanting to enjoy this amazing opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment